Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend


We have survived the drive to Wisconsin for Easter. The drive was well worth it, but it was a very long trip home! After school on Thursday, April 13 the kids and I went to get Jeff at his work. I should know better than to drive how I think we've gone there before (watching Jeff do it) - as I got lost. I didn't get a little lost....I got lost BIG TIME! We ended up in a very scary part of Omaha. Good thing I had Joe with me. He called Jeff on the cell phone and we eventually figured out our way out of the tough neighborhood. Jeff did the rest of the drive to Wisconsin. We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Gruber's about 11:30 PM. We all went right to sleep.

Friday, April 14, 2006
Happy 7th Birthday, Jackson!

We celebrated with a trip to MOA (Mall of America). The kids went on rides with their cousins - Mac, Erin, and Eden. Auntie Sarah and Auntie Beth joined in on the fun! They rode the Pepsi Ripsaw, the Log/Water ride, the Frog Jumper, and Jaci took Joe and Jack on the Timberland Twister (which is like a Tilt-a-whirl on a roller coaster!) Even Auntie Sarah went on the water ride!

We enjoyed the rest of the day with an awesome fish fry at Grandma and Grandpa's house followed up by DQ ice cream cake!

Saturday, April 15, 2006
Easter Egg Hunt today in Ellsworth for Jackson, Jenna, Erin, Eden, Cade, Mac, and Anna. It was a good thing we brought cousin Ella along to help watch all of the kids! Joe went to Big River with Grandpa Gruber and the Dzubay family. He loved riding the 4 wheeler. Jeff had to run into work in Edina so Jaci and the kids went with Uncle Nate and Uncle Andy and their kids to Big River. We collected some rocks, walked on trails, rode 4 wheelers and walked in the river. Kids had a great time! It was a beautiful sunny day. That night we had another fantastic meal followed by coloring of the Easter Eggs. Imagine 8 kids dipping their eggs into cups full of colored dye. It was crazy...but fun! The eggs turned out beautiful! I went to visit with Starla that evening in River Falls - it was great to see her and the kids. Made me realize how far away we really are!

Sunday, April 16, 2006
Happy Easter!
We made it to church - early - all 16 of us!!! All of the kids were so very well behaved and adorable with their Easter clothes on! I loved watching how nice Jenna and Eden, Jackson and Erin got along. Joe was adorable when he would hold his little cousin Anna. She loved to touch and feel his hair. The kids found their Easter baskets. Joe's was very difficult - way on top of the kitchen cabinets. He need assistance from Uncle Nate and a broom handle to get it down.

The rest of the cousins came over for Easter dinner. Can you see all 12 cousins....running around looking for their Easter eggs? The meal was delicious. The sad part was knowing we had to leave it all. I had a hard time with the good byes! Luckily I know we will be back in 2 weeks for Jenna's dance recital. That time my parents will join us!

Our drive home went fine. We devoured 23 buns - most filled with ham, some not. (Thanks Frank for the ham!!!) Kids stayed awake until we got to Jeff's work to pick up his truck (about 8:45 PM). As soon as we left ConAgra - everyone was sound a sleep. We got home shortly after 9PM. Tucked the kids in bed and poor Jeff had to pack up for a flight - where to.....The Twin Cities!!!!

It was a fun packed Easter Weekend!

1 comment:

D. Guy Primmer said...

Oh my. You were very busy. Jeff, how crazy to go back and forth! I have one of your beers left. I'll drink it tonight in homage to you. (Good stuff by the way)