Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Neighbors

It is so fortunate that everyone in our neighborhood is new. We have met so many wonderful people. Allow me to describe them to you. Charlotte and her husband Scott just moved from Chicago. They live right next door to us. They are originally from CA. They have 3 year old Kelen. I've really enjoyed getting to know Charlotte (who is now a stay at home mom). Down from Charlotte and Scott is Prem. She has lived in Omaha for about 2 1/2 years but in the neighborhood since December. She moved here from India. Both her and her husband are computer programers. She has promised Charlotte and me an Indian meal. We both are looking forward to that. Next to Perm is Chris and her husband Chad. Chad is a cop on the OPD. Chris stays home with their 3 girls. Morgan and Sarah are 9 and in the 4th grade (twins). Hannah is 4 and Jenna's new buddy. Across the street is Matt and Sasha. They just had a baby on Saturday. They named him Jack. They also have 2 dogs and one is named Jackson. I hope when I call for my son, Jack - that the dog doesn't come a running! Matt and Sasha are originally from Omaha, but just moved back from West St. Paul. I brought over some of my choc. chip/butterscotch chip cookies from a welcome home baby gift.
Finally, at the other end of the street is Ingrid and her two sons, Alec and Max. Alec is in 2nd grade and Max will be in kindergarten next year.

It was a beautiful day here in Omaha. I have been told, however, that the wind doesn't stop blowing. I'm sure I'll get used to it....but I think I'll need to start wearing a ponytail from now on. I'm getting tired of that 'wind whipped' feel.

No comments: