Good Morning! I want to first of all thank my brother, Don, and my sorority sis, Rae, for writing a comment on the blog - glad to know someone is reading!
It made me think back to our days at UWRF, when Rae won a trip to NYC for Winter Carnival. She had no one else available to take - so she was going to go with Don.....how crazy is that???? However, as it turned out she and Don didn't go together. She allowed Don to go with Rachel (girl friend at the time - now wife). Interesting enough....earlier in our UWRF days the Student activities office gave away a trip to Hollywood and Don's roommate won that trip....later in my college years Student Activities gave away at trip to New Orleans and I won that trip and took Jeff.
Now on to our Omaha Happenings.....Jeff left Monday for the Twin Cities. He came back home last night and boy did we miss him! Jenna went to the dentist on Wednesday and had a cavity filled. It was just the start of one, so she didn't need any shots. Our dentist office is cool - it is for children only. TV screens on the ceiling, a train running around the ceiling, video games in the waiting room as well as a train table. Kids love it!
After the dentist I ran to target....much to the dismay of my husband. I needed to find a curtain rod for Joe's room. He has shades, but no curtains. Luckily, the curtains from our Janesville house are a perfect size!!!! They have a planet design on them and Grandma Gruber made them. While at Target I was able to find a few other necessities! I found a great table runner with lots of interesting colors and patterns in it. I also used 2 place mats and made a small curtain for my kitchen window - using a tension rod and some clips (Got the idea from Starla).
I'm still in need of curtains for our room and living room. I have to find the sheer fabric for our family room - I packed it, but can't find it yet. In fact, there are a lot of things I can't find - digital camera, the base for one of our phones. I've already lost our new zoo membership card. I called today and had to pay $5.00 for a replacement. Watch...it will turn up in a week!
I was feeling a bit 'homesick' this week. I tried to cure myself by walking in Shopko...it helped! I called my friend Karen in Janesville (to have her read some questions from her reading book - because Joe forgot his reading book at school and we had the same book). She was getting ready for the Spring trip to the JSOL (Janesville School's Outdoor laboratory). I loved going out to the school forest.....made me miss Adams School.
This morning some concrete guy is fixing part of our driveway. There was a crack in it and now he's digging it up!
Jenna practiced her dance recital dances. I joined in on 'Buttercup'....it was a lot of fun. She has 9 days until her show!
Now that Jeff is home, I hope to get some bigger jobs done around the house. We now have the hardware from IKEA for Jackson's dresser - so that can be put together! Joe's curtain rod needs to be put up, I have a shelf in my room I want put up, and I bought an organizer for my ironing board and iron. On top of that we want to get a flower garden planted. It will be a busy weekend!!!!
Have a good day!
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment