
Today was the first day of school for the Grubers. We all woke up early and had a nice breakfast. Grandma and Grandpa Primmer were here, as well as my Uncle Adrian and Aunt Linda. (They are on their way to Branson). We took pictures of the kids by the front door and I had to get to my school. Jeff took Joe to school first, because he had safety patrol. Joe was so proud of his work. Jeff returned to school to drop Jenna and Jackson off. He was surprised by the terrible traffic flow. I guess if you have 750 students - you may end up having 500 parents/cars. Jeff reported that it took over 20 minutes to get out of the drop off lane and get back home. Jenna didn't want to give a kiss to dear old dad. She also didn't want anyone carrying her (heavy) backpack for her. She kept on telling Jeff "I got it covered!".
I asked my principal if I could get out of school early (our school ends at 3:05 - the kids' school ends at 3:35) so I could get my kids on their first day of school. Joe had patrol duty until 3:45. I picked up the excited kids and we met our neighbors (Charlotte and Kellen) at DQ for a first day of school treat. After that I went to get Jack some new shoes (yes, his feet are growing). We all came home and pretty much 'vegged'. We are all exhausted from our day.
My day went well. I messed up taking attendance. We have to do it 'on line'. I guess I clicked on the PM attendance instead of the AM attendance......I also survived recess duty. My 4th grade team has lunch/recess duty for two straight weeks. We still get our 30 minutes of duty free lunch, but then we need to go outside to supervise for about 10 minutes. My class seems very nice. A few chatty ones, some need to work on listening, but all seem like nice kids! The principal even came in for a visit (observation) the first day. He stayed about 5 minutes while my students were telling me interesting things about themselves.
I did some major shopping (at my new favorite store: CJ Banks) this weekend and came home with 7 nice and new outfits. 6 were skirts, one pants outfit. I had many compliments on the fringie skirt I wore today. I wore some nice jewlry that my Adams School friend Mandy had made for me. Yes, I was a bit homesick for Adams - especially for my unit, friends, principal, students, and parents I know.....but, I'm sure - in time - things will feel like home here, too.
I did have a nice chat with my friend Beth Clarke this evening. She was at Adams, her kids were with mine at Jacque's house....it was so nice to get caught up. She left me a message on my cell at school, too.
So, having survived my first day at the new school, I guess it's time to go rest my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment