Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Joe is in Washington DC


Joe awoke today at 3:00 AM to start his voyage to Washington DC. Jeff and I both got up with him. Joe wanted his dad to drive him to the airport....so I made some muffins. I fell back to sleep about the time Jeff got back from the airport. Joe has my digital camera and my video camera. I hope he gets some great pictures!

Joe did text me when his plane landed. The poor kid sitting next to him didn't handle the flight very well and got sick. Unfortunately, some of it landed on Joe! I knew there was a reason I had him pack 5 outfits for 4 days!

I've been busy folding laundry, ironing clothes, and cleaning the house today. This evening the PUGS arrive! Jackson and Jenna will be dog sitting for a few days for my friend, Jill's, two pugs. She and her hubby are going on vacation. It will be nice to have the dogs here - since we are missing the energy of our cat, Mr. Whiskers! Jenna has been busy cleaning and rearranging her room. Jackson has been a big help taking care of anything I ask of him.

This weekend Jeff will be doing the Des Moines / Hy Vee Triathlon. He's been keeping busy working out, swimming, and biking.

My mom and I are trying to organize our trip to Alaska. I think we have a bit of a plan for the first week.

It sure is quiet around here with Joe gone. I'm not complaining, tho!

No comments: