Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions

So, what are your resolutions for the new year?

Every year I claim I will lose weight and not bite my nails. Today in church Pastor Mike made me reflect on what are and ARE NOT the temptations that get me off track.

1. Time - NOPE we all have the same 24 hours in a day.
2. Facilities / equipment - NOPE we have a Y membership.
3. Kids - Nope they are old enough to be home for an hour solo.

So what is it? How can I adjust to continue on my goal?
1. Sometimes I'm tried........so how can I fix that? 1. Get up earlier 2. Go to bed earlier
2. Chocolate is yummy..........have a small 'snack' size / 100 calorie treat
3. Sometimes I just don't WANT to.......find a way to be motivated to go

What motivates you? I could use some words of wisdom! Going to the Y isn't a habit for me yet...I'd like it to be.

1 comment:

MaryJo said...

I'm motivated to go to the gym by the way it makes me feel. I feel noticeably better on the days I workout (even if it's something low-impact), than on days I don't. That's what I think about when I make the time or find the energy to go to the gym -- I don't think as much about the losing weight or being healthy part. It's more of a drug kind of "high" that keeps me going back. When I first started going to the gym regularly my motivation was to lose weight -- which I did. But it didn't take long to notice that "high" and that's what turned it from a chore to my "fun" time. The other key thing is that you have to schedule it. You can't assume you'll find time somewhere in your day. Put it on your calendar and make it an appointment. If you miss an appointment, just look forward to the next one and try not to miss more two or more in a row. Hope that helps!! Good luck!