Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Monday

I am reflective on a few things and thought I'd put them down "on paper".

Jeff is traveling for work tonight. I'm use to him doing this. When we were first married I missed him terribly and couldn't (wouldn't) get to bed at a decent time....it felt like something was missing.

Then we had kids. One time Jeff was traveling for 2 full weeks to Malaysia. Joe was 4 and Jack was just over a year. We started traveling through WI - visiting family and friends. It is a tradition that continues with the kids and me still today. So, when Jeff would travel I'd be so exhausted from being up early with the kids that I'd go to bed easily! The mornings were always the roughest. Get the 3 kids up, dressed, fed (sometimes even nursed or bottle) - get myself dressed and off to day care / school. I was often late. (Ok, I was always late).

Now that the kids are older - they set alarms, get themselves up (except for Jenna), showered, dressed, and fed. I can get up a bit earlier to get Jenna up and going....but still have time to pull myself together. I can take the kids to school (Jeff usually does this when he's home) - and still get to work - only NOW I'm on time.

I like the change that has happened with how easy it is to take care of the kids (now that they can take care of themselves)....however, I'm still having difficulty in arranging all of our after school events with pick ups etc. For example: after school today I had to pick the kids up from school and return them to my school. We had a school event and I had to be there. The kids were able to be fed - and space and time was set for doing homework. (They chose to have fun and walk around) - so after the event was over - I had to return home and assist with homework - do tuck ins - and 'relax'. It is now 10:30 PM and I'm ready to head to bed. Thursday isn't much better. Track meet for Joe, Night class for Jeff, Jackson has a program at 7 PM and my students have their program at 6:30 (different schools). Makes me wonder if it would be a good idea to have my kids come to my school next year.

Monday Monday......

No comments: