Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vacation - part 2: Janesvlle / Lake Mills

We arrived in Janesville about 2:45 PM. The kindergarteners were getting of the bus from the farm field trip. We couldn't wait to get hugs from Miss Dhom and Miss Gogul. Once we walked into school Mrs. Biege's class grabbed us. They were at the school store in the auditorium. The class was so amazed at how much Joe had grown. I was shocked to see how they all grew this year. We checked in at the office. Mrs. Grant was busy with a parent.....so we headed up to the 4th grade classrooms. Joe loved seeing his buddies. We headed to 3rd grade to see Mrs. Borchardt. Joe is almost as tall as her. I think we shocked her. She wasn't used to seeing us just show up! Jackson needed a trip to 1st grade to see his buddy Kayley. We did some more walking around and got to see the 5th graders (my last class) as they were leaving for the end of the day. They, too, have grown.

We got to see Mrs.Grant and everyone one else!

Time to head over to they Kelley home and meet baby TJ.

We stayed a short while. The kids had fun playing with Kayley. I had fun holding the baby. TJ is so adorable.

We headed out about 6:00 - we had promised to get KFC for supper at Don and Rachel's. We arrived at the Primmers about 3 minutes before Don arrived with some of the kids (Rachel and Kate had book club). I guess I picked up too much chicken, because it took forever to finish!

Friday we headed to Janesville for a visit with Jacque Derhammer (our former babysitter), lunch at subway, another visit with Julie Buckman and kids, a short visit at the Kelley home. We finished our big visit day with a trip to Grandma Linda's. We stayed long enough to get a visit in, but when Linda and I get together....there is never enough time! We could talk FOREVER! I enjoyed a glass of wine (Thanks Glenn!!!) and got to see the beautiful redecorating job in the living room.

By the end of the day we were ready for bed!!!

Saturday was Jaci out by herself day. Rachel agreed to watch the kids (on top of her 4 - Don had to work in Illinois). I started out my day with brunch at newly remodled home of Kitty and Mike Hinaus. I started tearing up as soon as I walked in. There they were....my teaching buddies from Adams School. Karla Vriezen, Tiana Borchardt, Laura Loizzo, Linda McWilliams, Teresa Ludeking, Carol Tyriver, Bonnie Schauder, Diane Murphy, Dottie May, (Kitty Grant left before I got there) all looked so wonderful. The brunch and converstation (and laughs) were exactly what I needed.

After the brunch I headed to the home of Terri Kislia for the baby shower for Stacy and TJ Kelley. It was a great gathering of friends - I loved seeing everyone. Attending were: Julie and Carson Buckman, Stephanie Gogul, Amy Dhom, Jodi Adler, Melissa Griffin, Liza Witt, Kitty Grant, Bonnie Schauder, Deb Somerville, Mandy Zdrale, Sarah Rao, and Terri and Sam Kislia. Stacy received some very nice gifts. I think TJ will be the best dressed baby in Janesville. I was doing rather well (emotionally) until Amy wanted a hug and told me she missed me. I just lost it - and had a difficult time recovering from my 'cry fest'. I think I realized that the distance is long, that these women are amazing, and that I miss being a part of their daily lives. I tried to leave when Kitty and Mandy left - which was rather abruptly, but I couldn't imagin getting my composure back while still seeing my friends and missing them. I headed to school to talk to Mandy. Her grandmother just passed away and I wanted to make sure she was ok. I then called Linda and we worked in Karen's room trying to pack it up. Karen had a medical issue with Justin and missed the brunch and shower. She accepted a Library Media Specialist job at Lincoln Elementary School and needed to pack up her room. Linda and I worked about 2 hours trying to sort things and box things up. Linda and I went to supper together (Glenn was in Conn.) and continued our visiting. Then I said good-bye to Janesville and headed to Don and Rachel's. Linda was going to head back to school with Karen and finish up her room.

Sunday we packed up and ended the second part of our vacation. We loaded the van and headed to Clintonville.

1 comment:

D. Guy Primmer said...

Oh, by the way, you could have used our computer while you were here to update the world on your travels instead of making us wait two whole extra weeks!